Are you having problems using the go-eCharger? Use our troubleshooting guide to help you quickly resolve any issues you may be experiencing.
When the charger stops operating and the LEDs no longer light up:
- Check the fuse on the back of the charger and replace it if necessary.
- Check the fuse and the RCD in the fuse box.
- Test the charger at another power outlet.
- Check that the cable is fully inserted and locked in the charger.
- If the type 2 cable is not unlocked after stopping the charging-progress or can’t be detached from the go-e Charger: Please check in your app that the “cable unlock” function is not set to “always locked”.
- If that is not the case, make sure that the type 2 cable is fully inserted (up to the stop) into the charger. Disconnect the go-eCharger from the power supply. Restore the power supply after approx. 10 seconds. The cable should be unlocked after 60 seconds at the latest.
The car’s battery is either near to full or too cold. Therefore the charging capacity is automatically limited.
Please note that the Standard settings of the LEDs are described below!
LED ring lights up in rainbow colours = charger is booting up. If the charger does not come out of this mode, the WLAN signal may be disturbed. Remove possible sources of interference (e.g. devices with WLAN mesh network)
LEDs light up yellow = Car is connected, does not charge.
LEDs light up blue/white = Charger has to be activated (via RFID or App).
4 LEDs light red (3, 6, 9, 12 o’clock) = Norway mode. Ground detection disabled.
LEDs light up green = charging process completed.
5 LEDs light green on top = taught-in RFID chip has been detected
5 LEDs light up red on top = unknown RFID chip
LEDs light up red at the top, pink at the bottom = RCD has detected an error. The charger has detected a residual current >= 6 mA and goes to fault. To acknowledge the fault, press restart in the app or unplug and plug the go-eCharger in and out. If necessary, the charging current can be reduced, but also check the used socket.
LEDs flash red = General error, please look at the error code in the app
LEDs light blue/red = phase error. Check supply line, possibly only 2 phases are present. Please test at another socket. If no function occurs, please send the charger in.
LEDs flash red at the top and light up static yellow/green at the bottom = ground fault. Please check the grounding of the supply line, if necessary test at another socket.
hold reset card to charger = whole circle must light up red, if only 5 LEDs on top light up red, then the reset card has not been taught.
- The card has not yet been taught.
- Due to the use of an incorrect frequency. Use a chip/card with the right frequency of 13.56 MHz.
- Please try to connect via another mobile phone.
- If this is not successful, disconnect the charger from the power supply and then reconnect it.
- Another option is to reset the charger using the reset card (included in delivery – reset to factory settings).
- Check the hotspot of the charger “go-e-00xxxx”.
- If “go-e-000000” is displayed, please contact support and send photos from the back of the charger as well as from the reset card.
Note for loan units: If you have received a loan unit from us, the hotspot display “go-e-000000” is normal and cannot be changed. You will find further information in the documents accompanying the loaned device.
- Please make sure that you have entered both the network name and the password correctly (please use upper and lower case).
- Avoid being too far away from the router (or access point). The WiFi reception of the charger is best when the charger is facing forwards or to the right of the router or access point.
- The go-e charger cannot be connected or operated with 5GHz WiFi networks.
- There may be an IP address conflict if your WiFi network uses the same IP range (192.168.4.xxx) as the go-eCharger. The Charger indicates that it is “Connected” BUT it cannot communicate with the Cloud. In this case, the IP for your network at home needs to be changed, otherwise it will not be able to connect to the Cloud. If you do not know which IP range your network has, please contact your internet service provider or the manufacturer of your router.
- In some cases it is possible that the go-eCharger cannot be controlled via a mesh network. This is implemented differently by each manufacturer of network accessories, which is why we cannot guarantee general compatibility with mesh networks. Therefore, in case of connection problems with an activated mesh network, check whether the charger can be controlled without problems via WiFi without mesh functionality.
We do not recommend using spaces in the name of the WiFi because this can lead to connection problems in exceptional cases. For this reason, it is currently not possible to enter a WiFi name with spaces in the go-eCharger app via the keypad.
If you still want to connect the Charger to a WiFi that has a space in its name, please proceed as follows:
- Enter the name of the WiFi including the spaces as text in another app (e.g. in the notes) and mark and copy the text.
- Then switch back to the go-eCharger app. Paste the copied WiFi name and save.
Please search for the go-e Charger app in the settings of your smartphone and check whether the app has all the permissions to recognise the local connection (the local network). Only when the app has this permission, it will be able to recognise the connection from your smartphone to the go-e Charger hotspot.
If the go-e Controller does not show your go-e Charger V2, there is no need to worry.
It is important that the go-e Charger shows the go-e Controller as "Connected" in its settings and that values are transmitted. To do this, simply go to your go-e Charger in the go-e app, then to "Settings". Select "go-e Controller" in the settings. Here you should see the go-e Controller under "Connected Controller".
Our guide didn't help you solve your problem?
Then contact our support team, and we will be happy to offer you a suitable solution.
Please fill out the contact form and explain what you need help with. In the text, also tell us the serial number of the charger (can be found on the back of the charger or in the app). Ideally, you should also enter your telephone number so that our support team can contact you in this way if necessary.
If you believe your device needs to be sent to us for service, please email the above information to email@example.com to expedite the process. Attach a photo of the back of your go-eCharger (serial sticker), a copy of the charger invoice and your current address.